Sunday, December 14, 2008

Long Time No Blog

Hello again! It has so long since I've posted! I've had some busy weeks and now that I have a minute I think it is about time for an update!

Finals went better than I expected, which was awesome! I am just glad that this semester is over and gone! It was tough. Just for your information, out of $300+ spent on books I received a measly $42 back. Lovely.

Great Harvest is really busy during the Christmas season, therefore I will be crazy up until Christmas. I am going to be working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week starting tomorrow! Wish me luck... Ho Ho Ho!

Elder Penman sent me an early Christmas present! It was a beanie and scarf that he crocheted himself! I was about to pass out when I got the package I was so happy. His first companion Elder Clyde taught him how to crochet, so I suspect he had been working on this present for a while! ALSO! Today is the seventh month mark for Elder Penman being out on his mission! Is that awesome or what? I think it is.

I hope you enjoyed this little update and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

8 comments:

leesa said...

Hi Shann, love ya tons! Cam says hi also!

SheL said...

Yay I've been patiently (okay not so patiently) waiting for an update! I can't wait to see the beanie and scarf! I was learning how to make beanies before I left Maryland and I need to take notes when I go back this week so that I don't forget! I am glad your finals went well. You are awesome Shanni =) Doesn't it suck to spend SO much on books and get next to nothing back? I hate that. Tyler tries to sell them on Amazon or ebay cause you get a little more back but not much. Anyway have fun working so hard! I can't wait to see you next month!

Connie and Jimbob said...

Hang in there, Great Harvest girl! Christmas will be here before we blink an eye!

Cass and Jared said...

welcome back! I think the price of college textbooks is terrible, and the money you get back after only a few months of use is even more disgusting. I especially love it when you find out that a new (and basically identical) edition has come out in your textbook, and it suddenly has become worth less than a tootsie roll. Have fun working at the Harv...just think, only a few days of the exhaustion, and then back to normal. Please come over to my new house when you aren't working!

Rob and Tammy said...

I have missed your blogs lately. Jared hated the Christmas hours at Great Harvest but I think that was because he had less time to spend with Cass - so have fun and enjoy the Christmas Season!

Nickessa said...

Good to hear from you again! Hope your Christmas is amazing.

LeeAnn Barker said...

He crocheted for you??? What a coicidence--my parents crocheted--ME! He's a keeper.

A better use for those books: press flowers in em, you'll get more enjoyment from them than you ever did in class OR at the book sell-back!

LeeAnn Barker said...

Um--I meant COINCIDENCE!