Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was great! My grandparents came down from St. George, I met Ryan's "daddy" Elder Clyde, and I went to a Highland High football game on Friday night.

I always love having my grandparents come down because they keep me company. It was a short visit, but great to see them! My poor little grandpa is in the process of getting teeth implants so we had a lot of soft food hangin around here for him. I can't wait until the whole process is done and he can be back to normal!

So after work on Friday I met Elder... I mean David Clyde! He was going to a wedding in West Jordan so we met at Ryan's parents house. It was really fun to talk to him and know that he was just with Elder Penman. He was a really nice guy, and he brought Sheila and I flowers and kissables from Ryan. It was very cute. I would have included a picture of meeting him, but I think that would have most likely freaked him out too much...Haha.

Friday night after I met Mr. Clyde I tagged along with Sheila and James and went to Highland Highs football game. For those of you that don't know, Ryan's dad is one of Highland's coaches and James films the games. It wasn't a very close game, Highland killed them! But it was fun to hang out with Sheila and hold Eva. It got kinda chilly about half-time and we knew highland was going to win so we just took off. Eva was such a good sport in the cold! We wrapped her snugly in a blanket but she wanted to be free so bad. I wish I would have brought my camera to take a picture of her!
Jared, Cass, Grandma Gen, Grandpa Blaine and Me
The lovely flowers and kissables from Elder Penman delivered by Elder Clyde

5 comments:

Brandy J. said...

Shannon, I'm glad to hear everything went well with Elder Clyde (no sparks flew...right?!). Your new profile picture is really cute and I love your shirt! :) ~Brandy

Cass and Jared said...

Hey! Yeah, I just love that dress on you, it's stinkin' cute. I'm so glad that the meeting went well with E. Clyde. You'll have so much fun meeting and hanging out with the elders Ryan serves with- I've met some really funny guys and gals because of Jared's mission!

Oh, and I'll make sure Jared doesn't spook you tonight.

Connie and Jimbob said...

I love you kiddo! The picture wtih granny and grandpa is so cute. Who took that picture of you with the flowers, since I was gone??

SheL said...

I am glad you had such a fun time... wish I could have been there. The flowers are so cute. Goob is the cutest =)

Lindsey S. said...

It looks like you had a fun weekend!! I love the picture of you with the flowers!:)