Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spokane!

Spokane was so wonderful! We left last Friday morning and stayed until Tuesday morning. It was snowy on the way up, and really cold the whole time we were there! ( I guess it wasn't much better in Utah!) Isabelle was baptized and confirmed which was SO awesome to be there for. I didn't see ryan, but my parents did! They were on their way to drop a package off on his doorstep and ... along came Elder Penman riding up a hill on his bike! He gave them both a hug and they were able to talk for about 15 minutes. They said he was glowing with happiness and he was the epitome of a great missionary. :) It was really weird to see pictures right after my parents saw him and talked to him. We were only about 35 minutes away! I did go exploring with my mom and found the mission office and a church sign Ryan had sent me a picture of. I had a wonderful trip and made some great memories with my brother and his family!

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

8 comments:

Cass and Jared said...

fun pics Shan, Ryan looks great! It's pretty crazy you were so close to him. That goose gives me the creeps! I hate geese!

Anonymous said...

taupnmThanks Shanni Goob looks happy and healthy. it is good to see him. We are glad your back safe.

Connie and Jimbob said...

Awww, that ol' goose didn't scare me!!!

Brandy J. said...

Elder Penman looks very happy and handsome. I'm glad you had a great trip and I love the picture of you all running in the park with the statues -- too cute! ~Brandy

Lindsey S. said...

Awesome Pictures Shannon! It looks like you had tons of fun! That is crazy that your parents saw Ryan and that you were that close!! I am glad that you had a fun time up there:)
-Linds

SheL said...

Wow that WAS a lot of snow! I am not jealous. Very cute pictures. I had to watch the slide-show a couple times =) (I am uploading our millions of pictures anyway so I have time!) I loved the pics of Goob! He is so cute. I liked seeing the infamous church sign too. I am glad it was a good time. Those little girls are adorable seriously! We still need to talk...

Julia M. said...

Shannon, you are such a beautiful girl. Ryan is a lucky guy. :) I bet it was so weird to be so close to him! What a fun trip.

Lindsey S. said...

Hey Shannon, for our MA Class tomorrow night we need to have read up to Ch 12 in the MA book and Ch 3 in the CC book. We also need to do some Student Guided Research about Bracero Programs. We are getting our midterm tomorrow also just so you know.
-Lindsey