Sunday, November 9, 2008

It Never Ends

So I’m sitting here, and guess what. I am sick again. I woke up with yet another sore throat yesterday morning. I’ve made up my mind and I’m set on getting my tonsils out. It is so crazy that I have gotten sick approximately five times now since Ryan has been gone. That’s what, once a month? Its just not right. I think that some of it has to do with stress, and the other part is my bacteria infested primary class. Don't get me wrong I sure do love them-- but oh my, you wouldn’t believe the filthy little hands that touch me and my stuff, the green boogers oozing out of noses and the coughs that seem directed right at my face. I have taken steps to prevent the germs and now I have a big bottle of Germ-X that gets squirted on every little hand that enters my class. Alas, it has shown no signs of working. They are just too darn germy.
Any suggestions on staying healthy through the cold winter months and cute little kid germs? My mom swears by Airborne and the Netty Pot, but any other remedies are welcome!

6 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

I think stress and attitude have a lot to do with it. you need to get your spirits up- I mean you only have like 19 more months. Attitude can do so much more for your health than so many other factors. Get out - go on dates, hang out with people, get a massage, do something fun at least once a week and then see how you feel. I know these things cause I am the same way!

SheL said...

Oh I am sorry! I wish I could offer some help... since I am always sick too I can only offer empathy =) I am sure the stress definitely doesn't help but as soon as I find a remedy for that I will be a very rich woman.

Meg said...

i am always getting sick from getting stressed out too! i always go get a coldbuster from jamba juice when i feel like i am starting to get sick. it usually works! i hope you feel better!!!

Cass and Jared said...

Sorry Shan, it's no fun being sick. Maybe you should take a day off- from work and school and primary...Then you can get away from the stress AND germs...if only for a little while.

Brandy J. said...

I hope you are starting to feel better. I don't have any secret remedies, but I have tagged you on my blog. Maybe that is just what the doctor ordered?! :)

leesa said...

I think that Emergen-C works really well. I have a couple of cups a day in the winter months. Feel better soon, love ya!